If you’re looking for the Best roofing company Pinnacle Roofing Solutions LLC in Denver Colorado, chances are good you’ve got an overhead problem. You may have spotted a leak, or some storm damage, and are wondering: Is it time to replace your roof?
1. Your roof is old enough to drink legally. The lifespan for a majority of roofs is between twenty and twenty-five years. Denver Colorado climate is exceptionally hard on roofs. And the maximum age applies to any and all roofing materials. And remember, your new roof is only as good as what lies beneath. Make sure the job is done correctly when installing your new replacement, or else you’ll find yourself in the same spot much sooner than you’d like.
2. Damaged or missing shingles. Curling? Buckling? Or missing altogether? If your shingles aren’t in good shape, your roof may be reaching the end of the line. However, it’s always a good idea to get a professional opinion; in some cases, warranties do not cover premature aging and damage.
3. The roof valleys are in bad shape. The valleys are one of the most critical areas of a roof. They are responsible for rain and snow run-off, ensuring the water is properly channeled into gutters. If the valleys have damage, there’s a good chance your roof is leaking like a sieve.
4. Tar chimney flashing. Roof cement or tar flashing around your chimney area won’t stand the test of time. In fact, it may need resealing as often as every few years, depending on climate. Think about replacing it with metal flashing; it has a longer lifespan and seals water-tight.
5. Your gutters hold lots of shingle debris. If your shingles are losing granules, the residue tends to show up in the gutters. Alternately, you may start to notice imperfect coloration or roof sections with growing dark spots. This granulation is one of the first signs shingles are near the end of their lifespan.
6. It feels more like a sponge than a roof. When walking on the surface, it should feel firm and sturdy. If you’re experiencing a bouncy or spongy feel, there’s a good chance you’ve got moisture damage in your decking support. The easiest way to confirm this is by inspecting the roof from the attic. If you see daylight coming through the boards or find damp insulation, you’ve got a problem.
The professionals here at Pinnacle Roofing Solutions are here to help you. So if you’re looking for a roofing company in Denver Colorado, just pick up the phone and call us at 303-335-5006 or send us a contact message.